The goal of the project SPI
(Software Process & Infrastructure) is to
provide to the development projects of the LCG:
- basic environment for physics SW development
- general scientific libraries and class libraries
- software development tools
- documentation tools and document templates
- compiler expertise
- support activity necessary to ensure that a common grid-enabled
environment is available at all grid sites
The reason for the Software Process & Infrastructure project
is to have consistency and homogeneity in the development of the
different packages of the LCG Application Area.
SPI project description page
More details on the goals of the project.
Requirements specified in the document RTAG2 Final Report
on Software process by T.Wenaus. Thoughts on policy, process
methodology, iterative development.