The following changes have been discussed and approved for HepMC 2.06.
As agreed at the LCG Generator Service project planning meeting, there will be 2 HepMC meetings per year, most likely in January and June or July. However, unless strictly necessary, there will be only 1 major HepMC release per year. Bug fix releases will continue to be made as necessary.
Initial discussion was held on July 8, 2009. The final discussion was held on Febrary 3, 2010.Approved changes (listed in no particular order):
- remove deprecated ParticleData classes
- condense Pythia and Herwig Fortran wrappers
- output issues
- iterator issues
- default install directory structure
- allow named weights
- provide check to see if Polarization has been defined
- "make check" will not complain when units are MEV
See support request 108390.
Please use the Savannah bug report system to report bugs.
If you have a new request, please submit a support request. New requests will be considered for HepMC 2.07.