The following proposals have been discussed and approved for HepMC 2.05. The intial requests were discussed at the January 28, 2009 LCG Generator Services monthly meeting. Slides and meeting minutes are posted. These changes to HepMC are listed in no particular order.
HepMC 2.05.00 was released on June 5, 2009.
HepMC plans and timescale - sr #106966:
- Status Codes - sr #106967
- Barcodes - sr #106968
- Vector Methods - sr #106969
- Cross Section - sr #106970
- I/O Issues - sr #106971
- Ascii Output Precision
- Enable standard streaming I/O
- Recovering from Corrupt Events
- Other Issues - sr #106972
- Numbering Conventions
- Macro Definitions
- As of January 2009, the LHC experiments are still using HepMC 2.03.xx
- Bug fix releases will continue for HepMC 2.03, but not for HepMC 2.04.
- Further comments will be collected until mid February.
- The beta release of HepMC 2.05 will be availbable about the end of February.
- Depending on user feedback, HepMC 2.05.00 will be released about the end of March.
- As agreed at the LCG Generator Service project planning meeting, there will be 2 HepMC meetings per year, most likely in January and June or July. However, unless strictly necessary, there will be only 1 major HepMC release per year. Bug fix releases will continue to be made as necessary.
The original requests remain available for historic reference.
Please use the existing Savannah support threads for comments.
If you have a new request, please submit a support request. New requests will be considered for HepMC 2.06.