Back to POOL Home page
Minutes of the POOL meeting, CERN, 10.02.04
The 1.6.0. POOL release cycle has started. Radovan is the release coordinator
for 1.6.0 and is ready to pick up your tags. Release date is planned for
February 29, 2004. Code freeze mid of the next week, e.g. after February 18,
2004. No big changes are recommended starting from today, focus on stability,
|WP Coordinators reports|
Branches has been merged to the main trunk and all is in place including unit tests. Python binding is missing, work is in progress. File Catalog browser will not be available for the new File Catalog interfaces in POOL 1.6.0.
Support for Token, to be tagged soon.
Nothing new apart from regression tests updates.
MySQL Collections tags expected during this week.
MySQL++ not available yet for MS VC++ 7.1, this means it won't go into POOL 1.6.0 release.
- Restructuring defined following Ioannis's proposal
- Proposed format is DocBook, XML profile
- Supported on many platforms including FrameMaker 7.0
- The documentation will be compiled to multiple deliverables
composed from individual parts as provided by developers
- Documentation layout reflects the component layout
- Working prototype expected next week
Big thanks goes to Bill Tanenbaum for his valuable contribution and effort for improving the POOL documentation.
|Related LCG projects reports|