Back to POOL Home page
Minutes of the POOL meeting, CERN, 03.06.03
Ioannis, Zhen and Markus will be the POOL-experiment link persons for ATLAS, CMS and LHCb respectively. They should always be cc when there's an exchange of emails between members of the POOL team and the experiments.
Nightly build system:
Should come up with a one page initial proposal for a definition of packages, tags and tests together with NICOS people.
This should (together with the CVS of course) allow remote people to do a build and validate. we can then deploy this service for crosscheck builds, regression test, etc.
- pre-release with c++/update functionality 11th (next week)
- final external package list installed and toolbox tagged by 16th
- package code freeze by Mo 23rd June (Storage Service and File Catalog a bit earlier please)
- aim at V1.1 release for end of June (Mo 30th)
Bugs/ Support / Tasks will be reviewed at each meeting
!! POOL BBQ scheduled for
17 June (after next POOL meeting)!!
- Place: Salle de La Chenaille (ALEPH pit), Echenevex
- all developers and their families/friends invited
- please let Dirk know asap if and roughly how many people will come
|WP Coordinators reports|
The use cases provided by Bill Tanenbaum are committed as examples in the cvs repository (pool/Examples).
Since the classes depend on some specific Examples libraries they will be not moved in the Tests repository. A parallel mapping of all the new use cases with tests will be provided by the infrastructure WP (namely Giacomo, Tim). As established with the agreed testing policy, the release of any type of test executable has to provide a proper Oval configuration (OvalFile) for the steering. This is mandatory, since the automatic execution of the test chain relies on the Oval steering.
|Related LCG projects reports|
- EDG-RLS client library, version 1.3.0 released and installed in sw/lcg/external.