AF meeting 8th May 2014
Gabriele Cosmo, Gerri Ganis, Gulio Eulisse, Pere Mato,
Fons Rademakers, John Harvey, Peter Hristov, Nicolo Magini, Benedikt
Hegner [REMOTE], Andrea Valassi, Markus Elsing, Marco Clemencic
- Action Items
- Line Management Issues (John)
- HEP SW Collaboration meeting feedback (all)
- Report from the LIM meeting (Benedikt)
- News from projects
- Experiments Feedback
1 (07/05/2014 @ 13:00)
- Create a Google document for the write
paper (Peter) - Done
Management Issues (John)
- White paper for the HEP Foundation
- Reminder this week to the mailing list
- 3 white papers to be submitted: ATLAS
(Richard Mount), Fermilab/CMS (Panagliotis), Germany Universities.
Intended to be circulated next week.
- Start a process to converge into a
single document. The idea is to take the union of all good
- New round of the Fellow Committee. An
extension of Vassil has been granted.
- CSC call for student candidates
- An opportunity to advertise the CERN
School of Computing to experiments and projects.
from the LIM meeting (Benedikt)
- Discussed the Jenkins service at the
last two meetings
- Savannah to JIRA migration is ongoing
- ALICE migrations done a while ago
- ATLAS computing is advancing.
Identified the contact person from ATLAS.
- LHCb. The timescale was driven by IT
wish to migrate to the new version (the import plugin couldn't be
migrated). The non-visibility of the development (test) instance from
outside CERN is a problem. The idea is to migrate to the production
instance after a pre-validation from the CERN people. Just for Gaudi
took several iterations (~15 minutes each cycle). Be more pushy and
raise priority of Gaudi.
- CMS. Some technical difficulties.
Independent DB to cope with the size. The time scale is not clear.
- gcc 4.9 is now built in the releases
- Is ATLAS going to migrate to gcc4.9?
instead of gcc 4.8? No change of compiler right now (at least until
- The policy for LHCb is not to take
version X.0 wait for X.1, X.2...
- New strategy for rootPCM
- The big issue currently the memory
- http server package added
- Monthly tag done at end of April
- There are enough fixes for a new path
- USolids integration (vector prototype
+ Geant4). The GIT repository at CERN and make snapshot to the SVN at
- CVMFS 2.1 repositories migrations (6
done). Limited by the version of the client.
- CernVM new version 3.2 (security
fixes), new kernel, Google computer engine.
- New release of the new Analysis
framework is ongoing.
- LHCb will have their Computing
workshop. A number of people from SFT will be involved on reports of
JIRA, externals, ROOT6 and GaudiHive.
- 7.1 release
- Multi-threaded framework is now
integrated in the main line.
- Next meeting on June 19th